From:
DENISE ROCHE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2010 17:48:14 -0400
One thing I have heard of sounds like it might come in handy for you. If you get a computer cleaned, updated, and right the way you want it, make a CD or DVD copy of the hard drive (called disk cloning) for restoration. The college I used to attend used to wipe out and reinstall everything every evening on the entire network. The only exception was a single server that required faculty credentials to access and was heavily protected. Even that one was strictly controlled.

If you set yourself a schedule so that the computers are restored every so often, then it can save you a lot of headaches later. If I ever get the computer at home for the kids to use, that is what I am going to do. It will completely restored from a clone every week. The kids will need to use their own flash drives to store their data.

Denise