From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 11:53:24 -0400
The Machine: 333 p11, 128 meg SDRAM cd rom, cd record, internal ide zip
8 mb video card, current wd udma 6.5 gig ,k56 modem,16 bit Aztech Yamaha
sound card, etc..Bios date 12-29-97 .Started life as a Micro Center
"Power Spec"

Here's the Problem:
I'm trying to install  Win 98 on a new WD 13.something gig HD. The
installation goes fine until what I beleive to be the last
re-boot..whereupon the cmos screen shows "completed updating files,
continuing to load windows" and it stays right there.
it does not go any further. I've tried reloading it , with fresh
re-formatting several times, disconnecting all perheps. except the
needed ones, fiddled with different bios settings, yet I've had no
success. This is the first HD I've dealt with over 8.5 gig..it's udma,
lba, brand new. The original 6.5 WD drive works perfectly when I put it
back !
Please, if anyone has an idea for me of what i'm missing, or a trick,
I'd be grateful!
It is also my understanding that with win 98 I can format this as one
really big partition, with no problems and dispense with the W.D. drive
software as well.
Hellllllp!
Thank you in advance
Richard Tabas