From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:52:05 -0500
At 19:05 1/28/99 -0600, Fred Rendon wrote:
>I have an ATX motherboard and a diamond agp video card -- in win95 I go to
>device manager and do not see any devices that say AGP  -- device manager
>claims that my card is on a PCI slot -- can win 95 osr2 recognize the agp
>slot??

Hi Fred

In my Win98, if I go to Device Manager and "view devices by connection"
(above the top of the window), there is a "PCI Bus" branch. If I expand
this, one of the entries is "Intel 82443BX Pentium II Processor to AGP
Controller". Expanding this shows my AGP video card.

You didn't say what chipset your motherboard uses or what processor
you have. Do you see any kind of "processor to AGP controller" device
or bridge? If not, did you ever run an Intel (or other manufacturer's)
INF updater program to allow Windows to see new devices not supported
at the time Win95b was released?

The reason I would view Device Manager this way is to see if your
video card does indeed show up as an AGP device (i.e., in the AGP
controller's branch of Device Manager).

Regards,
Bill

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: