From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:22:48 -0400
Since this is an older machine I'm sure that it doesn't have a USB bus, the
only other alternative (I know of) for a keyboard.  I have had problems
with some motherboards where the keyboard connector has parted from the
motherboard. It sticks out from the MB and with the tugging and pulls, it
is very vulnerable for this type damage. A solder job _may_ be able to fix
the keyboard connector back to the motherboard and fix the problem. I have
had mixed success in doing these repairs.

Doug

At 4/10/00 09:02 AM +1200, Nicki Gemmell wrote:

>Hi
>I have got a Digital Venturis 575 which reports a Keyboard failure at boot
>up.  Neither the PS/2 keyboard or mouse will work. (I have tried other PS/2
>keyboards with no joy)  I am supposing that this means that the PS/2 thingie
>has failed.  I can attach a serial mouse, but how can I get around this for
>a keyboard?
>The machine is running Win98 and used for kids homework, etc

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html