From:
"jason.parker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 16:57:40 +0100
Hi all,

Am not sure whether this is the correct list to address my query, as I
don't know if it's hardware or software related.

My system is Abit LX6 motherboard; PII 300; 64Mb SDRAM: Maxtor 8.4Gb EIDE;
ATi Xpert@play 8Mb; Win95 OSR2

Problem: Am trying to load Windows NT workstation 4, and get a dual boot
machine. I have configured the partitions as FAT 16, and each is 1Gb in
size.

After installing Workstation 4 I get the following message:
"OS LOADER V4.0 Boot record signature AA55 not found (7900 Found)
Windows NT could not start because of a computer disk hardware
configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk, check boot
path and disk hardware".

I have read from Microsoft Online support Article ID: Q149877, and followed
instructions, but to no avail.

Has anyone any fixes for this. I have tried Fdisk, re-formatting, Virus
checking, but still the same.

Thanks

jason parker