From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 19:01:27 -0500
I share your pain.  I used to have dial-up that went at 21K or 25K if I was lucky.  I can't get DSL in
the boonies.  Eighteen Months ago I switched to DirecWay.  ($99 per month.)  It has served me well.

Coming out almost any day now is WildBlue.  It is $50 per month, with, I think, a $299 installation fee.
If you are interested, check it out at www.wildblue.com.  Our REC, with whom I have DirecWay, is supposed
to transfer us over to WildBlue for free six months ago. :(

It is an expensive luxury, but I really like it.  (WildBlue and DirecWay both come into your house via
satellite, similar to Directv.)

Dean Kukral      [log in to unmask]