From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:29:53 -0700
Hi Dean,

For the most part, if you stick with the name brands (LinkSys, Netgear,
D-Link, etc), you will find they all have very similar features. I see no
problem with any of these supporting your requirements.

Whether you want to go wireless or not depends on you. You obviously have a
wired connection to your wife's computer, so it isn't absolutely required.
On the other hand, if you got a wireless (most have 4 wired ports in
addition to the wireless connectivity) router, you wouldn't be restricted
if you decide to move her computer elsewhere in the house in the future.
(My wife has a tendency to re-arrange furniture and rooms on a whim) Or to
support a laptop anywhere in the house. I would suggest the newer super-G
models or the extended range models which do a better job of eliminating
dead spots and such.

HTH,
Russ Poffenberger