From:
Len Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 09:03:14 +0100
Oliver Dammann wrote:
> Don't forget: If you want to connect external devices, you'll need a
> special cable with an external connector, because you have only one
> connector on the board.
> If you upgrade you MoBo more often, than an external SCSI card is better,
> because you can keep it.
> The advantages are stated below [..snip..]

The decision is (nearly) made: QDI Legend V motherboard without SCSI.
QDI also does the Legend IV for an extra GBP 200 with SCSI and 10baseT
connectors but on balance we would prefer to keep control, as Oliver
Dammann indicates, by having separate replaceable cards for a similar
total cost.

The QDI Legend V has a good reputation, local support, 4 PCI slots and 3 ISA
slots.  After allowing one PCI for video, that leaves a choice of PCI (speed)
or ISA (cost) for another 3 connections: dumb terminals, Ethernet, SCSI.

Many thanks to all who offered advice.

Richard Ross-Langley <[log in to unmask]>

Len Warner <[log in to unmask]> WWW Pager http://wwp.mirabilis.com/10120933