From:
Ethan Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 05:38:49 -0500
On Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:40:51 -0500, Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
posted article <[log in to unmask]>, which
said:

> I installed a USB PCI card from Best Buy (think it was a LinkSys) and had no
> problems.  You don't mention your operating system.  You need at least
> Windows 98 to use USB.  If you're using 95, don't count on it working.

I think USB works under Win95.  My old Packard Bell Multimedia E154 computer
shipped with Windows 95 installed and it had two USB ports on the back,
complete with USB settings in the BIOS.  This was right after Win95 came
out.  Windows 98 had not even been publicly announced at that point in time.
I never had a need for USB so I don't know if they worked under Win95 or
not.  I don't see why they would include USB on a computer if it had no way
of functioning, unless there was inside information at Packard Bell about
USB coming in a future version of Windows.  I upgraded to Win98 and hooked
up a Handspring device via USB and it worked just fine, but as I said, I
never tried it under Win95.  I had no use for it at that time.

Ethan