From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 01:28:03 -0700
  If I am planning to print so,ething from the browser, I usually try to
first resize the browser window to something a bit narrower than it is high;
if it's simply HTML text, the browser reformats it to fit that width, and it
prints just fine.
  In *theory*, HTML text to be printed should be reformatted to fit the
printer, but in practice it seems browsers usually try to duplicate the on-
screen formatting, and that rarely fits.

David Gillett