From:
teleconomy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:34:46 +0200
PCBUILD Digest - 24 Jun 2003 to 25 Jun 2003 (#2003-176)i've been reading the exchanges on battery life in recent letters.
i have a sony sr11k which has a utility called batteryscope that tells me the battery has a duration of 330 hours in suspended mode (when it has been fully recharged), but if i switch the computer off and leave it overnight, i find it almost completed empty.
i've hardly ever used the laptop off the mains and the few times i do its life is not much more that 20 minutes even tho' the toolbar icon gives me 3 hours.
would the batteries last longer were i to remove them altogether when i am working from the mains?
does it damage the laptop to spend time without the battery pack or with the batteries completely empty? (are there any functions that require the battery to be present when the computer is not in use?).
the battery is  lithium ion and seems to recharge faster that it used to... is that because it is almost dead?
thank you for any help you can provide,
laurence panon

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml