From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:18:30 -0600
That sounds a bit extreme to me, especially if the rest of the notebook
meets your needs and the price is right.  Best to check with Zoom to see if
the modem can be "flashed" to V.90.  It probably can be.  If not, you can
still find a V.90 PC card modem for less than $100.00 to replace it.

Dan Shaughnessy

>I am on AOL.  However, sounds like I need to look for a notebook with a 56K
>V.90 modem to be on the safe side.  Am I not correct in assuming that from
the
>information you have sent me?
>
>Thank you,
>Susan Hays
>
>         The PCBUILD web site always needs good submissions.  If
>          you would like to contribute to the website, send any
>               hardware tech tips or hardware reviews to:

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]