From:
Elliott Ryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 15:27:56 -0700
        Not quite the same question as last week. If I have a Lexmark 3200 printer
which requires a bidirectional cable, what will  happen if I use a
non-bidirectional switch box to couple it and an Epson 570+ Dot Matrix
printer to the computer? What will happen if I daisychain the Lexmark
printer with a UMAX scanner, 1200P; the daisychaining works fine currently
with the Epson mentioned above. The technicians at Lexmark  tell me that I
cannot use even a bidirectional switch (let alone a non-bidirectional one)
without running a risk of getting poor printing as a result. They say the
same with regard to daisychaining the Lexmark printer with the scanner. I
realize that perhaps they have to cover any exposed bodily areas but would
like to know what members of this group have to say from personal experience.
        Elliott

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com