From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:37:16 -0700
Lynn Tracy wrote:
>if only I could find the dreaded & elusive sound card driver

<Smile> I know the feeling. When a client brings me an older box and says
fix it I sometimes pull out what little hair I gave trying to locate
drivers.

>Chips are Crystal & Opti.

Crystal is one of several popular chip sets built in to boards by many
manufacturers offering budget minded fare to the computing community. Not
knowing the exact model or nomenclature on your chip, all I could come up
with is a shotgun approach to your request. The link is a result of my
"Google" search and it may help. On the other hand if you could read the
chip and jot down its description, it would possibly help to zero in on the
exact driver.

There are times that there is no easy method to the mix. Trial and error
install and uninstall until you hit upon a winner. In any case, for the life
of and the duration of the unit, when you find the proper drivers for all of
the components, put them on a disk for future use.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-
06,GGLD:en&q=Crystal+sound+drivers

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka