From:
Phillip Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:55:15 -0500
 I believe I've discovered the reason the notices returned. I have a
slow dial-up connection and after waiting the 30+ min. it took the
update to download, I was late leaving for an appointment so when it
said download complete, I closed the window and shut down my computer.
Yesterday, I went through the download again and a minute or so later
a window opened asking permission to send info to Sun and that if I
didn't give permission, update would be cancelled. This seems a bit
extreme and odd to me so I denied permission (though I guess it's
probably "mostly harmless").
 I did find that if I went to control panel and right clicked on Java,
choosing properties,
there was a place to turn off "automatically check for updates". So my
notices are gone and if I start having problems with web graphics and
gizmos I'll go throough it all again this time giving permission.
 Thanks for the feedback
  -Phil-

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com