From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 19:05:46 -0500
At 12:12 PM 11/2/2001, you wrote:
>I have a choice between reloading a PC with WIN98SE or WinME. This note is
>to solicit considered opinions as to whether I will realize significant
>benefits between the two. Emotionally I am inclined towards a "newer is
>better" mindset but some folks Ive asked that know more than I seem to
>feel the benefits ME offeres over 98SE are minimal. Is one more stable
>than the other? Your Thoughts?

My personal opinion is to stick with 98SE.  It was MUCH more stable for
me.  I've had clients come back to me and ask to have ME removed and 98SE
re-installed.  To make your decision more difficult, I've have had clients
that absolutely love ME and wouldn't trade it for the world.  It seems to
me that this is based on clients with newer hardware and limited software
demands as far as multi-tasking.

With that said, I am currently running the Pro version of Windows XP.  At
this point you would have to pry it from from my cold, dead fingers for me
to give it up!!  It blows away anything that Microsoft has put out to
date.  If you can get that option in to your plans somehow, do it!