From:
Chew Yoke Lim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:13:53 +0800
Tony Mayer said:

Perhaps the "mute" is checked on your line-in.  Double-click on the little
speaker next to your clock in the lower right-hand corner of the screen
and then click "advanced".  You should see check-boxes to mute and
unmute the various items.

Joe Lore said:

Are you using the correct mini-plug cable - a stereo one at each end?
Did you make sure that the correct input source is selected on the
recording program?

Alan Smith said:

The output of your walkman will be a LOW impedance [ 8 OHMS ea ]
whereas, the input on a normal amp is HIGH impedance [500k - 1meg ]
and usually works at a 1 volt level.

Response: Thank you all for your suggestions.

Tony gets the prize.  If the words on your screen looks jumpy, it is
because I was kicking myself when composing this reply.  I *should*
have checked that first.  The line-in was indeed muted.  After
"unmuting" the line-in, I could record without any trouble.

For Joe's information, I had used and done all the correct things.

Alan is probably an expert in such things, but I, blissfully unaware of
the technical impossibility (?), somehow got it going after, as I have
said above, removing the mute check from the line-in.

Thanks again for the very helpful hints.

Y L Chew.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml