From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:40:50 -0400
Hi.

Intel made a change to the agp slot on the 845 chip set boards.  The
notch is backwards from where it used to be on previous boards.

That way an older card, not 1.5 volts, should not fit in the slot.  Only
an agp card with the notch in the correct place should fit, it then
should be the correct voltage.  That will help you determine if the card
does the correct voltage or not.

If you try an older card, you will think Intel made a mistake and
solderd the agp slot on incorrectly  - which is not the case.  Hopefully
soyo followed intels lead.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
=======================================
The motherboard on my computer (Soyo P41 845PE Lite) requires the AGP
video card to be 1.5 volts only. Any higher voltage will cause damage.
My question is, where can I find the voltage requirements on the card?
I've looked at several boxes, and nowhere have I been able to find the
info. I've even asked the salespeople at the stores where I've looked at
the boxes, and of course they have no clue what I mean. I'm not sure
even purchasing one and looking at the card directly would help, since I
can't seem to find that info on any older video card I have. Right now
I'm using a PCI card, but would like to purchase an AGP one, but without
the hassle of having to return it, especially if it fries my
motherboard. Thaks in advance for any help.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml