From:
Robert Turnbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:17:51 -0400
Recently I was working on my sister's Satellite 3000 notebook which had
lost its display.
Apparently it starting out losing its display after working for several
minutes - and
then got to the point of a black screen on bootup.

I thought that it might be a software problem or a dead backlight.

I searched the Net extensively and only accidentally came upon a site in which
numerous emails described many Toshiba notebook models with the same black
display problem due to a faulty connector on the inverter card.
<http://217.115.198.3/content/topic/13841/?o=0>

See the email dated Dec 16-03 by Bob Pfeiffer for the fix (the problem may
recur).
Apparently Toshiba has offered a free fix for some models with this problem.

Thought this might be helpful to someone on the list.

Robert Turnbull, Toronto, Canada

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml