From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:33:01 -0500
I would be worried about the static electricity that might go along for the ride.  (I suspect that the
risk is relatively small to a mb installed and grounded inside a case.)  Compressed air from a can should
be much safer, albeit more expensive.  Personally, I would prefer just to blow the dust off rather than
subject the pc to risk.  After all, for most computers the dust is not going to be that big of a problem.
A good lungs' puff gets rid of most of it.   (The CPU is the part most prone to overheating, and it has a
heat-sink and fan on it, so dust is not a problem;  the video card and chipset may be hurt a little by
dust, I suppose.)

Has anybody had a computer that overheated and was cured simply by giving it a good cleaning??

Dean Kukral