Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:47:04 -0800
David Gillett wrote:
>My dad has a machine which currently has Windows ME installed on it
>He's asking me for tips on how to successfully migrate the machine back to
>98SE.

You can't get there from here as the old cliché goes. I tried on several
occasions to revert a couple of client machines back to Win 9X and I got a
message that or words to the effect that I couldn't revert due to the fact
that Win ME was a newer OS.

At this point it would be better to dump the drive and start over. This is
not what everybody wants to hear but it will cure many ills. Depending upon
how long the system has been running with ME, the age of the drive and the
tracking heads it may benefit the operation by going this route... Then
again, I could be wrong in my assessment.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     visit our download web page at: