From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:33:52 -0500
At 12/8/2003 10:01 AM, Judy Ford wrote:
===========
>Please tell me how to get my call waiting to work again. It worked up until
>about a week or so ago.... I only have one phone line and need to have the
>phone calls interrupt my computer use. I have checked the settings and
>there is nothing in the box that you would normally put the #70 in to have
>call waiting disabled. I run Windows XP on a Compaq 7000 series
==========

Make sure that the Local Dialing Rules don't specify to disable call waiting:

Start > Settings > Network Connections,  Right click the ISP connection you
use, and select properties.  If the "Dialing Rules" box is checked, then
click the Dialing Rules button. When the Location panel pops up, then click
on Edit for the location highlighted.  If the "Disable call waiting using"
check box is checked, uncheck it.  Otherwise check it, click apply, then
uncheck it and click apply.   Sometime a bit will get out of whack and
toggling it will fix it.

>Also my Internet Connection setting keeps forgetting my user name and
>password every time I have to reboot my computer.

If you have Microsoft Service Pack 1 (AP1) installed, this is a known
problem.  See MS Knowledgebase article below to get the fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;818895&Product=winxp

or

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T268623D6

>Please help me ASAP...as my husband doesn't like to miss his phone calls
>and having to re-enter my user name and password is a pain.

I hope at least one of your problems can be resolved!

Doug

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>