From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:06:54 -0500
On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> Some time ago, I was pointed to a web-site which may be of interest
> to paleo-minded people.
> It contains infos on many various nuts (what i checked)
> but also on meats, seeds, fruit and so on.
> With some evolution-oriented thoughts included.
>
> The site is commercial, but i found it quite useful.
> The info-part is nicely seperate.

I agree.  There is a lot of good information at the site.

> http://www.naturalhub.com/

> The author welcomes comments, but some discussions on
> point-of-view items might be discussed on this mailing
> list? If somebody wants to.

The author's discussion of seeds is interesting.  He points out
that most wild seeds require soaking and/or parching to be edible
and nutritious, and describes the parching of seeds on rocks by
the fire.  It occurred to me as I read this that this procedure,
involving no vessels, would leave few traces for archeologists to
find.  Recently Hans made the point that we should pay particular
attention to the foods that got humanity through certain tough
times in our history, because it is during those tough times that
pressure to adapt is greatest.  It makes sense to look at seeds
in this light.

Todd Moody