Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 23:34:06 -0000
Ashley,

See - http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ncs/newsarch/2002/Mar02/vegan.htm

Dedy

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ashley Moran
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 6:16 PM
  Subject: [P-F] Vegetarianism

  Hi

  There's something I read a while that I would like to validate.  No
  idea WHERE I read it - suggestions welcome.

  Basically: farming (especially grains), destroys a lot of the habitat
  of wild animals, and therefore vegetarianism is responsible for the
  death of more animals than hunting/husbandry.  I believe the specific
  example was the north american plains, that were once teeming with
  buffalo, and are now effectively wastelands.

  A few questions:

  Is this true?

  Does anyone have anything to support it?  (books, websites, etc)

  Has anyone ever mentioned it to a vegetarian?

  Thanks
  Ashley