From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:36:00 -0700
Stacie wrote:

> My 2 cents,
> "organic" means carbon-containing. It does not mean
> "natural".

Yes, but I think we all know the original post "meant"
natural. Or, more specifically in this case, "usable".

> NaCl (sodium
> chloride) is a natural compond that does not contain
> carbon, so it is not
> organic. But calcium carbonate IS organic, contains
> carbon. So if calcium
> carbonate is a component of sea salt then sea salt
> is organic....

Is that what distinguishes the compound "table salt"
from "sea salt"? The inclusion of organic elements?
I am in the dark here, biochemically. What is it that
would reduce the bioavailability of sodium chloride if
it is packaged as table salt?

> I use Fleur de Sel or Celtic Sea salt from the
> health foods store. I highly
> recommend either.

Thanks, I'll check them out. I do believe the trace
minerals are possibly beneficial.