Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:34:46 -0800
John C. Pavao wrote:

> Please site references (which do not stand to profit by their position)
> supporting the concept that food remains in the colon undigested
> indefinitely.  I would like to see a medical explanation of how this is
> probable.  If you have food stuck to the walls of your colon, then wouldn't
> you also have constant diarrhea?  If I'm not mistaken, the colon removes
> excess water from digested food.  How can it do that if the membranes are
> covered with undigested food?

If the walls of your colon are *completely* covered with food remnants
then I believe you would have diarrhea. But things get stuck in clumps
for the most part. Food that is left remaining in the colon does indeed
get the water removed from it. And as time progresses it becomes ashen
like it would outside of the body. Perhaps one day when you eat a
high-fiber meal some of this material is removed additionally, so that
it may not remain there forever. When you embark on a successful
cleansing campaign you become aware of these processes. It's really
quite scary when you know how much isn't coming out.

I don't yet know how the low-carb high-meat diet fairs. From the limited
(one or two months) that I was able to go non-dairy, things didn't go
really well. From what I've read, all things mucus-creating will stick
to the colon. This includes meat (and quite frankly nearly everything
else). I think this topic is an extremely important issue for our
health.

It was recently reported that 60% of malaysians have worms (as found
post mortum; source unknown). I bring this up to point out that worms
and candida and etc. are only able to survive in the intestine because
they are finding constant nurishment there. Another statistic that I
have seen in more than one source is that the average male in the U.S.
is found to have five pounds of meat caked on the intestinal wall
(Sorry, I tried but couldn't find my source on this. I'm sure it's not
news to you.) So, if a paleo diet will keep us from further build-up,
will it remove what's already there? Lastly, autopsies were performed on
300 people only fifteen had claimed that they weren't constipated. As it
turns out only fifteen were *not* constipated (Tissue Cleansing Through
bowel Management by Bernard Jensen, 1981: 43) My point here is that
people really don't know that they are constipated (which equals food is
stuck to their intestine).

Micke