From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 10:37:57 -0500
These people sell some unusual flours:

http://www.specialfoods.com/flours.html

Included are: white sweet potato, cassava, malanga, yam, lotus, milo, water
chestnut, artichoke.

Which are paleo? Using this dictionary I looked them up:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/indexes/dictionary.html

I found:

White sweet potato - This edible root belongs to the morning-glory family
and is native to tropical areas of the Americas. So not paleo. See:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/s/sweet_po.html

Cassava - This is the name of the plant that tapioca comes from, so this is
just a fancy name for tapioca. Not paleo. Here is some on the plant:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/c/cassava.html

Malanga - Not found.

Yam - Sweet potatoes are often called yams. True yams, however, are not
widely marketed and are seldom grown in the United States. See:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/y/yam.html

Lotus - A water lily. I guess the flour would come from the root. Seems
paleo. See:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/l/lotus.html

Milo - Not found.

Water chestnut - The edible tuber of a water plant indigenous to Southeast
Asia. Why not paleo? See:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/w/water_c0.html
http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/w/water_ch.html

Artichoke - A name used by three unrelated plants. But none-the-less paleo.
See:

http://food.epicurious.com/db/dictionary/terms/a/artichok.html

Don.