From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 10:45:17 CDT
>Trish Tipton wrote:
>Very harmful.  I remember my sister getting some kind of a rash or >sores
>all over her body when she was taking too much vit. c.  this >was about 10
>years ago, so I cant recall exactly what happen to >her..........  but I do
>remember it was caused by vit. c. *and no I >cant ask her, she's passed on
>since then* not from vit. c.  =o]

Was the vit C of high quality?  It may have been from toxic additives
in the
vit C supplement (such is the case with creatine that drew media
attention
about a year ago).  According to the Life Extension Foundation, most
vit C
that isn't pharmaceutical grade contains arsenic.  If your taking
500mg or
less, then it probably won't be enough to cause a problem.  But if
your
taking 5g or more per day, then that would be enough arsenic to
potentially
cause a problem.

Justin Hasselman