From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:55:13 -0600
> Several months ago I went out and bought a good quality
> brand of cod liver oil, one that had the smell and taste
> taken out. I found it very difficult to take and ended up
> with a nasty aftertaste for two days. I am use to eating
> different types of fish and enjoy sardines and tuna several
> times a week but there is no way I can handle cod liver oil.
> Is there any other good way to supplement?

If you're eating a lot of sardines and other fatty fish, you might not need
to supplement your diet. If you want to take supplements, you can get salmon
body oil or other fish oil capsules from most any health food store.

Some healthfood stores also sell EFA-enriched eggs.

GNC stores (online and retail locations) sell two products called Goldminds
and BetterMinds. Both of these products contain DHA derived from microalgea
in a sterile laboratory setting.

Personally, I've been taking cod liver oil long enough that the smell and
taste don't bother me.

Troy G.