From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:27:52 -0800
--- Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I don't say these things to boast or to irritate,
> but to ask whether my
> reactions (or lack of them) are really that
> uncommon?  Is this list (or
> rather, the posts made to it) representative of the
> general population
> when it comes to diet sensitivity, or is there a
> higher concentration of
> people here with high food sensitivities?

My guess would be that people with food sensitivities
are more likely to try different dietary regimes.
After all, if it works, why mess with it? OTOH, people
who are sensitive to something they eat all the time
may only discover that sensitivity when they quit
eating it - I never would have guessed that I am
allergic to wheat and dairy had I not tried paleo and
realized how much better I felt.

So a totally unsubstantiated guess would be that yes,
this group probably has a higher concentration of
known food sensitivities than the general population.

Andrea