From:
Gary Beckwith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:08:45 EST
John C. Pavao wrote:
>I am thoroughly convinced that MANY
>people are gluten intolerant and don't even know it, perhaps to the point
>of being a majority of the population.  I would be very interested to know
>exactly WHAT people ate when they cheated and had these symptoms.
>For instance, anyone ever cheat and eat a piece of cheese and get these
>symptoms?  I'm guessing not too many.  But I'll bet hot dogs make most of
>us very sick these days.  Why?  Read the ingredients.  They're half grain,
>some of them.

I am more of an Atkins than a paleo, because I do eat cheese, by the way,
without any problems.  But I don't eat any grains.  I definitely think I'm
gluten intolerant, because many gluten type symptoms that I had disappeared
when I stopped eating it and because I'm now very sensitive to anything
containing gluten.  I can not have anything with vinegar (catsup, mustard,
mayonnaise, barbeque sauce, salad dressing), the food does not digest, it
just sits in my stomach for hours, and I feel lousy for days afterward.  I
don't seem to have trouble with hot dogs, I like to eat them once in a
while, it's just difficult not being able to have them with mustard.  I
usually make them with fried onions.

Anyone know a recipe for vinegarless mustard?

Gary