From:
Bridget Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:39:50 +1300
Ken, thanks for your reply. I've read all of Sears' books, Neanderthin, Both
Protein Power books and probably all the books written recently about
lowcarb and/or paleo eating! :-) In Sears'first book, he was adamant that
you should eat the correct amount of protein calculated by your lean body
mass. He stated that it was important not to eat any more or any less. Then
in his next book he decided that the minimum requirement is 11 blocks. I
think this was because smaller people were starving on his diet, no matter
how much more fat they added in. I *personally* lost a bit of faith in his
thoeries when he changed stance like that. Sears certainly does say to
adjust the ratios of C/F/P if you are hungry, mentally foggy etc, usually
recommending to increase a fat block or decrease a carb block for example.
However he states repeatedly that food should be thought of as a drug, and
the theory as I understand it is that the ratio of C/P/F  allows for drug
like precision in hormonal control. I just wonder if our H/G ancestors ate
like that.
Bridget.