Date:
Wed, 14 May 2008 20:08:12 -0700
In consideration of a couple very simple aspects...
In considering one aspect -
The percentage of plant foods edible to humans vs. the percentage of animals foods
The data would strongly support -
Homo sapien is a carnivore
In consideration of a second -
Humans, unlike other animals, doesn't make its own Vitamin C
The data would strongly support -
Homo sapien is a vegetarian (as the animal rights people argue)
One may want to agree that - Homo sapian is an omnivore.
And perhaps accept a theory that being an omnivore gives us a competitive advantage in nature.
In consideration now of what we're currently learning about adaptation, evolution, genetics.
One might even accept that some of us are more omnivorous than others of us.  (And an interesting point of conversation earlier about whether or not it is "possible" to have adapted to eating dairy).
We have:  what is/was/should be a "paleolithic diet" - as you mentioned earlier.  (an active discussion on this group)
And then:  Is paleolithic a "healthier" diet than some other configuration?  See question above...  (also an active discussion - especially of links of articles supporting "paleo" diet... see question above....)
And what is the variation?:  Individual genetics configured by and in diversity with and to all of the above.  (sharing of what works/doesn't work - individual results may vary!)
Can I ask this?:  What is the state of the art.  What is basically known to each of these questions.  Are there any things that everybody agrees upon?
What's the foundation of our science (as I see it) belief (as others see it)?
I'm fairly new to all of this.  I see a lot of disagreement.  But I know there's a bedrock of knowledge there that everyone shares and finds reasonable at this moment in time.
Thanks,
gale