From:
Ken Engelhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 21:14:34 -0400
I just got back from a holiday in Newfoundland.  We went to L'Anse Aux
Meadows where a 1000 AD Viking site (likely Leif Erikson's) has been
excavated.  The tour guide there told us that when his mother was a girl,
people would push a wheelbarrow up to the stream, pull out trout with their
bare hands and fill the wheelbarrow.  Ken