From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:18:51 -0400
Paul Sand wrote:

> 1) By bodyweight do they understand body fat or bodyweight including
> muscle
> mass? BMI is misleading for muscular people.

Speaking of that, I've yet to see a weight "formula" that corrects for
leg length.  I'm 6'1" tall, but I wear 30" inseam trousers.  Most men my
height wear 32".  That means that, for my height, my torso is longer and
legs shorter than average.  I'm guessing that even a deviation of an
inch or two from the norm would amount to a significant difference in
weight for 2 men with the same body fat percentage.

Todd Moody