From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:13:38 +0100
On Jun 21, 2004, at 2:21 am, Theola Walden Baker wrote:
>> Half your body weight in oz. in a day. Urine should be clear - if not,
> then >you are not drinking
>> enough. Experts say that if you wait until you get thirsty, it is too
>> late.
>
> Often stated in the media, but no one seems to know where it
> originated or
> the science behind it.  Do you?

I forgot to reply to this originally :-S

I am a bit confused by the "half your body weight in oz a day"
statement, not helped by the fact that I measure liquids in ml.  And my
body weight is the same whether I measure it in oz or kg or megatons?

I seem to have to drink very little to pass clear water, and the only
time I feel *really* thirsty is Monday morning, after the chinese meal
we have.  I'm not sure if it's the (small) amount of rice I eat or the
glass of wine that does it.  Even drinking tea doesn't make me all that
thirsty.