From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 19:12:56 -0600
>>I've substituted herbal teas for coffee...but I can't seem to eliminate
>>"Sween-N-Low" entirely. I've cut sweetner usage by 70%, but I REALLY PREFER
>>tea with a little sweetner. Is this going to mess up my plan in the long
run?

>Yes. What you need to do is to wean yourself off very slowly. Over a period
>of a couple weeks reduce the remaining amount used slightly each time.

I'd suggest sticking to plain old sugar rather than the newfangled
chemicals; at least it started out as the sap of a real plant.  Besides, --
those of you with more technical expertise, pelase check me on this one --
cane sugar is chemically not much different from the fructose found in
fruit, so I think technically, sugar is "Caveman kosher."  Just don't eat
the huge quantities that you find in modern snacks, drinks, and condiments.

Regarding Don's comment about weaning yourself gradually, I agree.  I drank
2+ cans of Coke per day for most of my life, and I thought it would be hard
to quit.  But I started keeping fruit juice in the fridge, and just
gradually shifted over; it was really quite painless.