From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 04:51:10 +0000

>> To be on the safe side and until I have a consensus or clearer opinion on
>> egg cholesterol and LDLs, I will have to reduce the number of eggs I
>eat...
>> too bad...
>

>I eat organic eggs that are high in Omega 3 almost daily.  However, I eat
>only a portion of the yolks.  If you eat only egg whites and skip yolks
>entirely, it will leach biotin from the body.
>
>So, for example, if I scramble eggs I'll use three egg whites and one yolk
>per person.
>
>Kath

Cooked whites will not affect the absorption of biotin, if I recall
rightly. And nothing in the world would make me dispose of the valuable
things in the yolks. They contain substances which help metabolize
cholesterol.

I stick to my perhaps simplistic view that, overall, the body manufactures
enough cholesterol to render the amount in the diet unimportant in most
cases - except that of course, it has to be a Paleo diet to avoid the ills
that cause the body to screw up what it does with that cholesterol.

Since when is tossing egg yolks a prototypical thing to do? Sorry, but
that's rule one for me.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!