From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2003 06:07:18 -0500
Hi all!

A while ago I finished reading all these hundreds of messages that have
been posted on Paleofood list during the time I've been away. Great reading
as usual!

I strictly avoided grains, potatoes and dairy for more than six months, but
now I eat them now and then.

The cheese (mostly goat) and milk (1 glass) have been unpasteurized of
course.

I've made my own waffles, pancakes and breads by soaking whole seed flour
in water until it becomes sour, tasty and smells good. The products have
only consisted of flour, but sometimes I've added seasalt, eggs and extra
virgin olive oil. I've used organically grown rye and wheat, and a couple
of times oats. (I don't use oats any more since they have been heat treated
and thus are enzymatically dead and I 7m not sure that soaking with rye
flour does any good to phytic acid.)

I eat cooked potatoes when I feel like doing it. I don't peel them. I don't
know why but I always have to eat them with cucumber. Strange.

Currently I don't feel or see any health problems. As I said, I don't eat
these things every day, only sometimes.

Fredrik