Date:
Tue, 28 May 2013 15:05:38 -0400
I have read her book, and I have heard two extensive interviews she gave. I
believe one was with Jimmy Moore.  She mentioned that the vegan community
had gone nuts when she wrote her book about how veganism damaged her health,
and that they attacked her at every opportunity.  I found her personal
journey the most compelling part of the book.

I found her book fascinating from the viewpoint of someone who had
stringently lived the vegan lifestyle and how it affected her - which, is of
course anecdotal.  I ignored the feminist stuff.  I DO know there is A LOT
of contention in the archeology world about what man ate and when he ate it,
etc.  We have had many discussions on this list about what percentage of
plant matter Paleolithic people ate, how many insects, how much fat, etc.
Many "stars" in their field are flat out wrong.  For example, Ancel Keyes
was considered quite a knowledgeable researcher in his day - and he helped
fuel the very faulty cholesterol/heart disease paradigm.

I am slightly involved with permaculture, and I do agree that our modern
agricultural methods of monocropping, heavy spraying, etc - all things very
necessary to produce the amount of grains necessary to feed a vegetarian
culture - are extremely harmful to the environment.
Paula H.