From:
Kathy Partridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 17:27:08 -0500
>Well, since we're talking about it, here's my canine predicament.  I'm
>giving Bart, my killer chihuahua, mostly meat and some canned dog food.
>Since going from only canned to mostly meat, he's developed the Hershey
>squirts (including a deposit or two on my carpet, dammit!).  Any ideas as to
>why?

Such a diet doesn't sound too balanced...I would say he's lacking fiber.
The veggies provide fiber as well as a number of other nutrients. My
Goldens get around 1/3 cup of pulped veggies, 5 nights a week. One great
benefit of raw meaty bones is that they're great for tightening stools, but
of course, too many will constipate. Mine get 1/2 to 3/4 lb. of RMB's 7
days a week.

Kathy