From:
Mary French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:13:53 -0800
For those concerned about vitamins, Voegtlin's
book The Stone Age Diet has a chart demonstrating that all the necessary

vitamins can be obtained from meat, with the
exception of C, which apparantly can be
manufactured by the body, because Inuits

eating a meat-only diet do not get scurvy (but
sailors eating salt-preserved meats did) and D,
for which we need sunlight.  My

real concern would be for calcium since we do not chew/eat bones.
  Jim McAtee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:From: "William Schnell"

 > I agree with a previous post that carotenoids are not paleofood.

Try to put the evil thought of "supplements" out of your mind for a moment.
Are you suggesting that carotenoids found in fruits and vegetables are
somehow not a "paleofood"?

 > Also not even moot, as I'm inclined to suspect that all the necessary
 > vitamins and minerals are made available by the microbes in our guts.

Independant of the foods we eat? That would certainly make most of our
concerns about nutrition quite moot.