From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:53:12 +1100
Ensure is the worst stuff. The only good thing about it is that its lactose free, using hydrolyzed soy instead (which isn't good anyway). Its carbs are totally from sucrose (the worst sugar) or hydrolyzed corn starch.

In trying to construct a good weight gainer and elemental diet, I found the best was to find a predigested/ionized protein powder (eg. whey protein) usually body builder stuff plus you get the minerals etc. Then add to that glucose/maltodextrin/dextrose etc, unless the drink already comes with it.

D.