From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:32:17 +0000
>> Groundnuts are not necessarily healthy, but they are apparently

>> Paleo by the NeanderThin definition of being edible raw, with

>> nothing but a sharp stick.

I suspect, if we could get that dang time machine working, that we would find a lot of "ancient" foods that were not strictly healthy, but were used occasionally. When early humans were faced with starvation I'm sure they ate just about anything they could get their hands on. I recall watching a series about wolves (in northern Canada, I believe) a few years ago. During the leanest months they were observed eating a variety of foodstuffs that would not normally be on the menu. I'm betting early humans were much the same way.

Not that it makes those foods any healthier. Just "available" as paleo foods. It belies the notion that early humans were somehow "perfect" and could not/would not stray from their natural instincts.