From:
bettymilner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:14:50 -0700
I can remember my grandfather insisting that we take two pitchers...fill
one with tap water and then pour it back and forth between the two
pitchers several times. He said it helped dissipate the chlorine and
oxygenate the water. He was the supervisor for the water department of
his city. This was something he taught me back in the 1960's. I always
thought it was an "old wives' tale" type of thing but I did it
anyway...at least in his presence. I am now wondering just how much he
really knew. His formal education ended before graduation from high
school. He learned things through practical experience.

Betty Ann
"In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats." English Proverb