From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 04:02:33 -0400
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998 17:32:39 -0500, Ratha Grimes <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>.... I have been eating a large amount of
>raw red meat and eggs for about 7 months...
>
>My doctor wants me to adopt a mainstream
>low-saturated-fat diet, and I'm not sure how I could
>do this and still avoid grain... Does anyone have any
>advice?

You may cut down or leave away eggs which are big
cholesterol sources.

If you want to get away from the high saturated fats, then
you need to replace the usual animal fats.
You may replace usual meats by wild game (less and better fat).
Most important thing was to change your main energy supply
more towards plant fats (olive,flax,walnut,sunflower).

Bu
t you need a way, how take or to apply it.
For example I use really much olive oil in my salads, and all
cooked vegetables get as (the only) sauce or dressing
a nice oil.
There are very different qualities on the market and i found
it well-worth to buy best quality only.
Best quality olive oil "nativ extra vergine" is available
here from about 6 to about 15 dollars and more per kg or liter.

An increased nut and sunflower intake will bring a good deal of
very nice fat with it. And can additionally replace some
of the commercial fatty meat.

Before "switching back to grains" you may consider that
not all grains are "created equal".
There is a big difference between eating a white wheat/yeast bread
and a plate of cooked (or soaked raw) whole buckwheat(no grain).
Also quinoa, rice and maybe millet are seldom heard to create
and problems.

regards

Amadeus