From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:37:49 -0700
> Inuit would be in excellent physical condition on all
>meat/fish/fat even with no exercise....in other words, you never got out of
>physical shape /condition on this diet....even if you had not run for
>months, you would still be in good physical condition, you did not get "out
>of shape" ever.
I have been slowed down for over a year due to a broken tail bone (ouch).
 Just recently, I've been trying to start a walking/jogging routine
again.  I have been amazed at how much strength and aerobic conditioning
I've maintained, in spite of being way more sedentary than I'd like for
quite some time.  I can't help but attribute it to the diet.

Based on many prior years of trying to get and stay fit while trying the
high-carb, sometimes vegetarian, "conventional wisdom" approaches to
diet, I can say this is a radical change from what I used to experience.
On those kinds of diets, my conditioning would always deteriorate quite
significantly in only a few weeks of relative inactivity.

I try to gauge my carb intake to muscle response to exercise.  If I get
bugged by soreness or cramping I hit the bananas, melons and grapes some
more.  Pint of fresh blueberries last week --- yum!