From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:52:48 -0600
>For the record here, I need to lose 8-21 lbs and to improve my HDL:LDL
>ratio.  I also have (or have had, because my lipid profiles have improved
>over the last two years) several characteristics of
>hyperinsulinemia/metabolic syndrome/Syndrome X.

I'm a walking hyperinsulinemia/metabolic syndrome/Syndrome X billboard and
what my doc recommends is a mere 60g protein a day and never more than 15g
at a time, both to avoid gluconeogenesis.  FYI, my doc is Ron Rosedale, Drs.
Eades' former clinic partner who now owns the joint.  That's basically all I
count and eat with my protein (lean meat, fish and Eggland's Best eggs only,
no dairy, are his recommendation and my choice) ultra-low carb veggies and
as much good oil as I like.  When I follow this, it works.  Due to stress
and a mid-life crisis (holy CRAP, I hit 35 last week!), I've gone off track
eeeeever so slightly but for about 6 weeks I followed this to a tee and I'll
be danged if it don't work.  My only real problem is boredom.  Little
Debbie's lookin' mighty hot right about now.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO