From:
Esben Brun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:55:42 +0100
From: Wally

> I don't know about this "paleo CKD," but in general, CKD is intended for
> use by people trying to do intense resistance exercise (weightlifting,
> etc...)  in order to build large amounts of muscle.  It is not intended
> for "normal" living, or general weight loss.

Probably Wally knows much more about  "low-carb-diets"  than I do.

One month ago I  happened to read about the NHE plan,  having never heard
about "low-carb-diets" before .
Therefore I desided to give it a try  -  sofar I like it.   I dont have any
opinion  on other "low-carb-diets" - because I dont know any.
The "carbload" does seem a little strange to me  - I dont think I'll be
following it strictly for years.
However I like the variation   lowcarb days   /  carbload meals    - IŽll
keep that idea.
And  I will stick to low-carb in some way, because it makes me feel so much
better.
(Paleo almost invariably being lowcarb  - unless you are vegetarian and LOVE
yams and raisins)

The NHE-book sure has some bodybuilder-bias.   But I like its clear
arguments and style of writing.
Also I do want to gain strenght (and perhaps just a little muscle ;-)
(In Europe bodybuilding  is rather  "low-status"  -  it might be different
in USA?)

Esben