Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:38:23 -0500
Charles writes:

<So, almost everybody in our society will be relying on the medical
profession
to stay alive at some point in their lives. Those who die early would have
died even earlier, probably, and those that reach a full life would have
less
likely to without medical help.>

Perhaps this is just the opposite.  Iatragenic death is one of the leading
cause of death in our country.  Perhaps some people live longer DESPITE
medical intervention (sorry, I had to say that <g>).  The "wonder" drugs
being ramantly given for high cholesterol often do more harm than good in
the long run, as with so many pharmaceutical drugs.

Just ask anyone who has been on an SSRI for any length of time.

Siobhan